OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY
Foxglove Multispeciality Hospital offers comprehensive medical and surgical services and the supporting laboratories, equipment and experienced personnel that make up the mission of our hospital.
OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY:
Obstetrics and gynaecology is concerned with the care of pregnant woman, her unborn child and the management of diseases specific to women. The specialty combines medicine and surgery.
Within obstetrics, most of the care of low risk mothers and uncomplicated deliveries are performed by midwives. Our work includes:
- Using instruments to assist delivery – including forceps or a ventouse (vacuum-assisted delivery)
- Performing caesarean sections, either as a planned or emergency procedure
Within gynaecology procedures include:
- Carrying out surgical interventions following miscarriage
- Treating abnormal bleeding and polyps
- Major surgery for gynaecological cancers
Minimal access surgery for problems including endometriosis Keyhole or minimal access surgery is now commonplace and has many advantages.